Pu’deg or Pu’deb…
We commonly get asked for the difference between a Philips Dynalite PDEG or a PDEB. Phil Gouveia sheds some light on this topic;
The Philips Dynalite PDEG Ethernet bridge effectively provides a multi-function Ethernet based connection to the Philips Dynalite system which includes the following functionality.
- Remote Web Interface (for remote logon functionality)
- Support for App control via the Envision Touch application.
- Time clock and built-in scheduling.
- Inbuilt task engine.
- Provides a foundation for an Ethernet based backbone for the Philips Dynalite system.
- Can provide third party Ethernet based integration to other systems such as blinds, AV etc.
The Philips Dynalite PDEB Ethernet bridge is basically a more cost-effective version of the PDEG which focuses primarily on providing a seamless Ethernet based “trunk & spur” network topology for the Philips Dynalite Lighting Control System and where more advanced functions such as scheduling and remote web interface is not an essential requirement.
Still need help? Call us and we’d be more than happy to help you select the right ethernet bridge.